-
April 25th, 2003, 04:42 PM
#1
Inactive Member
Does anyone know if Tool's video for their song Sober was done with super8?
-
April 25th, 2003, 07:33 PM
#2
Inactive Member
Hello,
not sure what camera was used. this link has a picture of the late director Fred Stuhr setting up a frame & the lens of a camera seems to be visible if that helps. http://anp.awn.com/tool.html
A good video whatever camera was used!
Alan.
-
April 26th, 2003, 05:03 AM
#3
Inactive Member
Sober has to be one of the best music videos of all time, any genre, any style, any category. One of the best. Somehow I doubt that it was done on S8, but I'd love to be proven wrong. I'd guess 16, but wouldn't be surprised if it was 35. I WOULD be pleasantly surprised if it was in fact shot on a small format such as S8. Its little things like this that give a guy hope.
Speaking of which, are there any examples of S8 being used in mainstream media? I've seen quite a few TV commercials and thought to myself, "That looks like it could have been shot on super8" granted it would be a very highend super8, but theoretically super8 can achieve anything cinematically that a larger format could.
--Trint Homewood
-
April 26th, 2003, 09:22 AM
#4
Inactive Member
I know The video's "sleether" by Veruca Salt was done on k-40 and Paula Abdu's "straight Up"( directed no less then David Fincher)was done on B&W pro 8 stock. Both videos from what I can tell didn't have sync sound.
Speaking of Fincher, right now he prepping up to shoot "the Lords of Dogtown? which chronicles Skateboardings first pioneers back in the 70's and supposedly is planning to shoot a lot of super 8 for the film.
<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ April 26, 2003 06:24 AM: Message edited by: seekaee ]</font>
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks